Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jordan Disick's Thoughts

I really liked when Teddy brought up the point about that if the peace is not a true peace then it is worse than war. This is what happened between World War I and World War II. The Germans were upset and this unrest full peace lead to Hitler rising to power. I really enjoy the way Teddy differentiates between “righteous peace” and “cowardly peace.” The latter is ducking your head down when you know evil is happening and are too afraid to do anything about it. I feel like Teddy is calling out the leaders that do this. It is applicable to the United States during the beginning of WWII when we denied the existence of concentration camps.

When Teddy was referencing European wars I didn’t really relate, but he got my attention later when he said

“Scant attention is paid to the weakling or the coward who babbles of peace; but due heed is given to the strong man with sword girt on thigh who preaches peace, not from ignoble motives, not from fear or distrust of his own powers, but from a deep sense of moral obligation.”

I do not believe in walking tall with a big stick to ensure peace and I feel like Teddy does a good job explaining how peace should be attained. No one will listen to the coward because he has too much to benefit from peace and no place in war, but the strong man demands respect.

I can’t seem to find “The March of the Flag” but I hope I was insightful enough above to get full points. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.