I haven’t really blogged much and I don’t really know what to do so I thought I would just tell yall what I found interesting and maybe this can start an interesting decision or something. First in chapter 6 I thought it was interesting how grateful Fredrick Douglass was to learn the alphabet from Mrs. Auld. I found this particularly interesting because, today, the alphabet is something everybody learns in lower school. Also how mad Mr. Auld got after seeing Mrs. Auld teaching Fredrick Douglass this and the fact that he says education ruins slaves and from this Douglass is able to deduce that the slave owners are able to control their slaves through the slaves’ lack of education. In ch. 7 I was impressed on how determined Fredrick was to learn how to read. How he would “pay” school children to teach him how to read. Also I found it interesting to see the chain of events that brought Fredrick from a slave that doesn’t know how to read to a persuasive abolitionist. It was also cool to see how resourceful Fredrick was in learning how to write. In ch. 10 I thought it was crazy how aggressive and violent Covey was and would whip Douglass just because he was being awkward. Finally in ch. 11 I thought is cool that Fredrick would not reveal exactly how escaped from his slave owners because he did not want other slave owners to know how he did it. So yeah, that’s kinda what I found interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.