It is not very often that we find a literary work that is able to keep the interest of people, even after a few centuries. However, Benjamin Franklin was able to do exactly that; capture the minds of people with his life’s story of how he achieved the American dream. Most everyone enjoys a feel-good story. Franklin’s life story shows that with dedication to one’s goals, you are able to get to true happiness. “But, on the whole, tho' I never arrived at the perfection I had been so ambitious of obtaining, but fell far short of it, yet I was, by the endeavour, a better and a happier man than I otherwise should have been if I had not attempted it;….”(Franklin89). Even if one is unable to ultimately achieve their goal, sometimes the experience of trying to reach your goal makes you a better person. Franklin’s autobiography is not only a great historical writing, but it provides great insight into how people should live their lives. Franklin’s story can be applied to most everybody, which is why his autobiography remains one of the most read literature works to this day.
Rules:
1. Be conscientious of other people’s opinions. Just as you are entitled to your opinion, everyone else is allowed to have their pinion. Don’t try to force your thoughts on someone else.
2. Try not to attack a person with your opinion. Attack your problem with the opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.